Thursday, September 07, 2006

I thought I'd made progress...

A package of documents arrived from LLoyds TSB on September 1st. However, instead of shedding light on the situation, I'm afraid it points to more deception (or incompetence) on their part.

While the documents contained a tremendous amount of interesting detail about me (including that I have a good credit score - PHEW!), they hardly contained any reference to the incident with my financial details being disclosed via SMS.

There was one reference to my initial phone call - but no further information. Strange since I called numerous times and got numerous personal letters from Lloyds about it. There were records of other (less serious) complaints including details of my contacts with the bank, how it was handled and what correspondence was sent.

I suspect Lloyds are trying to cover their tracks on this by withholding the information on it.

Today I spoke to Lloyds Data Subject Access Request team again (to a chap called Graham Hooper who works with Janet Ayers, the woman I originally spoke to). I explained the situation to him, including the fact that I was getting very suspicious, and asked him to try to find the missing information.

I'm also going to be writing to the Information Commissioner's Office to update my file on the matter as they've let me know they're assigning it to a case team for investigation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home